Mindful Eating Practice with Jacquelyn
Mindful Eating Practice is a type of meditation where you focus on the present moment with food.
- Start by focusing on your breath. Deep belly breaths: 4 seconds in, 2 hold, 6 seconds out.
- Use your senses with the food in front of you:
- Taste: Anticipate what it will taste like.
- Pick up the food and notice body sensations such as your mouth salivating, how does your tummy feel?
- Notice Sensations
- Food to lips
- Food on tongue and let food sit there
- Chew slowly
- Focus on jaw and tongue
- Chew 5 more times than you think you should
- Take 3 deeps breathes