Real Food Sweet Potato Casserole, No Refined Flour And Sugar
For the base –
3 pounds sweet potatoes (or yams or squash!)
1/3 cup unfiltered apple juice, or freshly pressed apple juice
1/4 cup (or less!) dark maple syrup
1 T real vanilla extract
2 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1/2 t unrefined sea salt
For the crumb topping –
1 cup gluten free oats
1 cup raw walnuts and/or pecans
1/8 t unrefined sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 t cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 T real vanilla extract
1. Wash sweet potatoes and pierce sweet potatoes with a knife and place in a baking dish in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
2. Remove sweet potatoes and allow to cool slightly while you prepare the crumb crust.
3. In a food processor or blender, combing the oats and nuts until a finer ‘meal’ consistency is achieved.
4. Add the oat and nut meal to a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. (Taste to ensure your liking 😉 Note that the raw product will be sweeter than the cooked product.) Set aside.
5. Remove the sweet potato skin and add the flesh to a food processor. Process until a puree consistency is reached.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and combine again.
7. Please the sweet potato puree into a a backing dish and add the crumb crust to the top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Maple Vanilla Latte Protein Bites Ingredients - 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (you can use a coffee grinder) 2/3 cup almond meal 1/3 to 1/2 cup natural nut butter (sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, peanut butter all work well) 1- 2 tbsp ground coffee 1/4 cup...
Egg Wraps Ingredients - eggs coconut oil or butter (for skillet) Filling Ingredient Suggestions: strawberries and vanilla yogurt, lunch meat and avocado or cheese, green and hummus Instructions Heat a small skillet over medium to high heat. Grease with coconut oil or...
Chickpea Avocado Salad Ingredients - 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 2 avocados, pitted, and chopped 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro 1 bunch fresh chopped green onion 1/3 cup feta cheese juice of 2 limes, avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper to taste for dressing...