Real Food Sweet Potato Casserole, No Refined Flour And Sugar
For the base –
3 pounds sweet potatoes (or yams or squash!)
1/3 cup unfiltered apple juice, or freshly pressed apple juice
1/4 cup (or less!) dark maple syrup
1 T real vanilla extract
2 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1/2 t unrefined sea salt
For the crumb topping –
1 cup gluten free oats
1 cup raw walnuts and/or pecans
1/8 t unrefined sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 t cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 T real vanilla extract
1. Wash sweet potatoes and pierce sweet potatoes with a knife and place in a baking dish in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
2. Remove sweet potatoes and allow to cool slightly while you prepare the crumb crust.
3. In a food processor or blender, combing the oats and nuts until a finer ‘meal’ consistency is achieved.
4. Add the oat and nut meal to a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. (Taste to ensure your liking 😉 Note that the raw product will be sweeter than the cooked product.) Set aside.
5. Remove the sweet potato skin and add the flesh to a food processor. Process until a puree consistency is reached.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and combine again.
7. Please the sweet potato puree into a a backing dish and add the crumb crust to the top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Fudge Ingredients - 1 can low sodium chickpeas (1 1/2 cups total) 1 Tbsp vanilla extract 1/2 Tbsp unrefined sea salt 1/4 raw honey (or more according to taste and liking) 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (sunbutter), peanut butter, almond butter...
Healthy Eats For Carb Lovin' Kids This post is a feature from Your Life Arizona on 3TV with Maya Nahra. Get all the recipes from the segment here. #1 - Swap your sugars. Eliminate the processed white sugar and replace it with natural sugars such as a bowl of berries...
Lemon Ginger Green SmoothieIngredients ½ Avocado½ Squeezed LemonHandful of mixed greens1 tbsp freshly grated ginger2 stalks of celery1 large cucumber, peeled1 cup low calorie lemonade for liquid base (may use any juice or water)½ cup of iceInstructions Blend...