Perfect Vegetable Quiche
1 9″ pie crust see notes for recipe
1-2 cups filling ingredients, like bacon, mushrooms, onions, and spinach
1-2 cups grated cheese, like Gruyere, Swiss, or Cheddar
3 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1 tsp salt
1. Sprinkle half the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust
2. Prepare your quiche fillings by cooking all vegetables over dry heat. Make sure all ingredients are cooked through and fairly dry. (Ie, make sure spinach has wilted and that cooked mushrooms have released all their moisture.)
3. Once the fillings have cooled, place the fillings over the first layer of cheese.
4. Add the remaining cheese, layering atop the cooked fillings.
5. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, and salt until frothy. Pour the custard into the crust, over the cheese and fillings layers.
6. Bake the quiche at 350°F for 30 to 40 minutes, until the edges are set but the quiche still jiggles a little in the center. Cool for at least 20 minutes, but ideally overnight.
7. Serve hot or cold, any time of day!
Find the coconut flour pie crust recipe here.
Quiche Lorraine: 6-8 slices chopped bacon, 1 diced yellow onion, 1 cup gruyere cheese
Mushroom Quiche: 16 oz mushrooms, 1/2 diced yellow onion, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, 2 cups gruyere cheese
Ham and Asparagus Quiche: 1/2 diced yellow onion, 1/2 pound chopped asparagus, 1 diced ham steak, 2 cups swiss cheese.
Maple Vanilla Latte Protein Bites Ingredients - 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (you can use a coffee grinder) 2/3 cup almond meal 1/3 to 1/2 cup natural nut butter (sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, peanut butter all work well) 1- 2 tbsp ground coffee 1/4 cup...
Egg Wraps Ingredients - eggs coconut oil or butter (for skillet) Filling Ingredient Suggestions: strawberries and vanilla yogurt, lunch meat and avocado or cheese, green and hummus Instructions Heat a small skillet over medium to high heat. Grease with coconut oil or...
Chickpea Avocado Salad Ingredients - 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 2 avocados, pitted, and chopped 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro 1 bunch fresh chopped green onion 1/3 cup feta cheese juice of 2 limes, avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper to taste for dressing...