Homemade Bone Broth
Bone broth is a very special homemade soup that works wonders on the digestive system. It is filled with the nutrition that our gut thrives on. Whether you are experiencing digestive distress or simply want to stay healthy, you’re going to love this.
Bone broth typically requires 24-48 hours cooking time with the purpose of producing gelatin from collagen-rich joints and to extract the minerals from the bones. The result is a rich-colored, sweet-tasting broth which can be drank by the cup or used in any recipe calling for broth.
Bone broth can be made from any bone including fish, chicken or beef. The recipe below uses beef marrow bones.
12-24 beef marrow bones
avocado or olive oil
unrefined sea salt
1 bunch celery
1 large yellow onion peeled and quartered
4 bay leaves
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (helps to extract minerals from the bones)
1. Heat your oven, on the roast setting, 500 degrees.
2. Place the marrow bones, marrow side up, on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil and salt
3. Roast for 15-25 minutes depending on how many bones you have
4. Remove the bones,allow to cool slightly and enjoy the delicious marrow from the bone. (Yes, eat the marrow from the bone with a spoon, it’s delicious.)
5. In one large (really large) pot, add the carrots, onion, celery, bay leaves, marrow bones, apple cider vinegar and any remaining oil from the marrow bones pan.
6. Add enough water to cover all the ingredients.
7. Put the heat on high and bring it to a rolling boil for about 10 minutes.
8. Reduce the heat to medium low and allow it to simmer for 24-48 hours.
9. Strain the ingredients from the broth and store the broth in air tight containers in the fridge.
Maple Vanilla Latte Protein Bites Ingredients - 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (you can use a coffee grinder) 2/3 cup almond meal 1/3 to 1/2 cup natural nut butter (sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, peanut butter all work well) 1- 2 tbsp ground coffee 1/4 cup...
Egg Wraps Ingredients - eggs coconut oil or butter (for skillet) Filling Ingredient Suggestions: strawberries and vanilla yogurt, lunch meat and avocado or cheese, green and hummus Instructions Heat a small skillet over medium to high heat. Grease with coconut oil or...
Chickpea Avocado Salad Ingredients - 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 2 avocados, pitted, and chopped 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro 1 bunch fresh chopped green onion 1/3 cup feta cheese juice of 2 limes, avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper to taste for dressing...