Healthy Eats For Carb Lovin’ Kids
This post is a feature from Your Life Arizona on 3TV with Maya Nahra. Get all the recipes from the segment here.
#1 – Swap your sugars.
#2 – Hide the veggies.
- Shred carrots into the cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich
- Make Broccoli Tots!
- Add shredded zucchini or chipped spinach to meatballs
- Blend red lentils in red pasta sauce
- Blend up spinach into a puree and add it to brownie mix (Swap the sugar for coconut sugar)
- Shred carrots and zucchini and add to pancake mix
#3 – Make fudge out of chickpeas
Lemon Ginger Green SmoothieIngredients ½ Avocado½ Squeezed LemonHandful of mixed greens1 tbsp freshly grated ginger2 stalks of celery1 large cucumber, peeled1 cup low calorie lemonade for liquid base (may use any juice or water)½ cup of iceInstructions Blend...
No Refined Sugar, Cranberry Sauce Ingredients - 24 oz. cranberries (typically 2 bags) 3 oranges 3/4 cup grade B maple syrup 3 T vanilla extract 1 T unrefined sea salt 1 1/2 T cinnamon 1/2 T nutmeg 1 T freshly grated ginger 2 T freshly grated lemon rind 1 pint...
Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad Dressing Ingredients - 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar 1 tablespoon chopped fresh, or dried oregano ¼ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper Salad Ingredients - 2 large cucumbers, peeled 1 cup...