Healthy Eats For Carb Lovin’ Kids
This post is a feature from Your Life Arizona on 3TV with Maya Nahra. Get all the recipes from the segment here.
#1 – Swap your sugars.
#2 – Hide the veggies.
- Shred carrots into the cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich
- Make Broccoli Tots!
- Add shredded zucchini or chipped spinach to meatballs
- Blend red lentils in red pasta sauce
- Blend up spinach into a puree and add it to brownie mix (Swap the sugar for coconut sugar)
- Shred carrots and zucchini and add to pancake mix
#3 – Make fudge out of chickpeas
Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Fudge Ingredients - 1 can low sodium chickpeas (1 1/2 cups total) 1 Tbsp vanilla extract 1/2 Tbsp unrefined sea salt 1/4 raw honey (or more according to taste and liking) 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (sunbutter), peanut butter, almond butter...
Lemon Ginger Green SmoothieIngredients ½ Avocado½ Squeezed LemonHandful of mixed greens1 tbsp freshly grated ginger2 stalks of celery1 large cucumber, peeled1 cup low calorie lemonade for liquid base (may use any juice or water)½ cup of iceInstructions Blend...
No Refined Sugar, Cranberry Sauce Ingredients - 24 oz. cranberries (typically 2 bags) 3 oranges 3/4 cup grade B maple syrup 3 T vanilla extract 1 T unrefined sea salt 1 1/2 T cinnamon 1/2 T nutmeg 1 T freshly grated ginger 2 T freshly grated lemon rind 1 pint...