Healthy Eats For Carb Lovin’ Kids
This post is a feature from Your Life Arizona on 3TV with Maya Nahra. Get all the recipes from the segment here.
#1 – Swap your sugars.
#2 – Hide the veggies.
- Shred carrots into the cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich
- Make Broccoli Tots!
- Add shredded zucchini or chipped spinach to meatballs
- Blend red lentils in red pasta sauce
- Blend up spinach into a puree and add it to brownie mix (Swap the sugar for coconut sugar)
- Shred carrots and zucchini and add to pancake mix
#3 – Make fudge out of chickpeas
Maple Vanilla Latte Protein Bites Ingredients - 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (you can use a coffee grinder) 2/3 cup almond meal 1/3 to 1/2 cup natural nut butter (sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, peanut butter all work well) 1- 2 tbsp ground coffee 1/4 cup...
Egg Wraps Ingredients - eggs coconut oil or butter (for skillet) Filling Ingredient Suggestions: strawberries and vanilla yogurt, lunch meat and avocado or cheese, green and hummus Instructions Heat a small skillet over medium to high heat. Grease with coconut oil or...
Chickpea Avocado Salad Ingredients - 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 2 avocados, pitted, and chopped 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro 1 bunch fresh chopped green onion 1/3 cup feta cheese juice of 2 limes, avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper to taste for dressing...