Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
1 cup creamy almond butter room temperature
1/4 cup raw honey (or less or none!)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1.5 level teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon fine unrefined sea salt (see recipe notes below)
4 Tbsp coconut OR almond flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix together on medium-high with a hand mixer for 60-90 seconds, or until the mixture comes together like a thick dough.
4. It should be very thick and sticky.
5. Form the dough into ping pong-sized balls, rolling them gently with wet hands to form.
6. Place dough balls on each parchment lined cookie sheet spaced about 2 inches apart, making sure each ball is about the same size for even cooking time.
7. Use the back of a fork to slightly flatten each cookie and make a crisscross pattern on the top.
8. Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes, until lightly browned but not too dark on the bottoms.
9. The bottoms will burn easily, so check the cookies at 10 minutes; slide the parchment paper with the cookies still on it right onto a cooling rack or other surface to prevent the cookies from continuing to cook on the cookie sheet.
10. Let cool 5-10 minutes before eating.
11. Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Adapted from www.elizabethrider.com
Maple Vanilla Latte Protein Bites Ingredients - 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (you can use a coffee grinder) 2/3 cup almond meal 1/3 to 1/2 cup natural nut butter (sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, peanut butter all work well) 1- 2 tbsp ground coffee 1/4 cup...
Egg Wraps Ingredients - eggs coconut oil or butter (for skillet) Filling Ingredient Suggestions: strawberries and vanilla yogurt, lunch meat and avocado or cheese, green and hummus Instructions Heat a small skillet over medium to high heat. Grease with coconut oil or...
Chickpea Avocado Salad Ingredients - 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 2 avocados, pitted, and chopped 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro 1 bunch fresh chopped green onion 1/3 cup feta cheese juice of 2 limes, avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper to taste for dressing...