Coconut Flour Pie or Quiche Crust
This is a wonderful Paleo recipe for crusts, especially for savory recipes. Use this crust for this Perfect Vegetable Quiche recipe, inclusive of a video of Maya making it on 3TV.
1/2 cup coconut oil, butter or ghee
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp fine unrefined sea salt
1 Tbsp raw honey
This coconut crust recipe has been adapted from thecoconutmama.com
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl beat butter, eggs, honey and salt together with a fork.
3. Then add coconut flour. Stir until dough holds together.
4. Gather the dough into a ball and place in freezer for 2-3 minutes to harden dough slightly.
5. Grease a 9″ pie pan with coconut oil then pat dough into the pan.
6. Prick the dough with a fork.
7.Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown. Let cool. Use for pies and quiche crust.
Maple Vanilla Latte Protein Bites Ingredients - 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (you can use a coffee grinder) 2/3 cup almond meal 1/3 to 1/2 cup natural nut butter (sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, peanut butter all work well) 1- 2 tbsp ground coffee 1/4 cup...
Egg Wraps Ingredients - eggs coconut oil or butter (for skillet) Filling Ingredient Suggestions: strawberries and vanilla yogurt, lunch meat and avocado or cheese, green and hummus Instructions Heat a small skillet over medium to high heat. Grease with coconut oil or...
Chickpea Avocado Salad Ingredients - 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 2 avocados, pitted, and chopped 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro 1 bunch fresh chopped green onion 1/3 cup feta cheese juice of 2 limes, avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper to taste for dressing...