Balsamic Braised Chicken Thighs with Roasted Zucchini
4 Chicken thighs skin on
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine
1/8 cup honey
2 T finely chopped onions
1 coarsely choppen onion
2T + 2T finely chopped garlic
2T + 2T butter
1 T fresh chopped rosemary
unrefined sea salt
chopped basil + goat cheese for garnish
To make the chicken:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a pan on the stove top, melt 2 T butter + olive oil.
3. Add 2 T finely chopped garlic + 2 T finely chopped onions.
4. Saute until golden and fragrant.
5. Maintaining a higher heat on the pan, add the balsamic vinegar and let bubble, 1 minute.
6. Add the chicken thighs, then red wine, then honey.
7. Keep heat on medium high and brown each side of the chicken thigh, flipping once.
8. About 4-5 minutes each side.
9.Once both sides are brown, remove the pan from the heat and place it directly in the oven.
10. Bake until the chicken cooks through, about 25 minutes.
To make the zucchini:
1. On a baking sheet, spread out the chopped zucchini, coarsely chopped onion, 2 T garlic, 2 T butter, sprinkle of olive oil, chopped rosemary, and sea salt.
2. Place in the oven until the zucchini and onions are browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
3. Remove both, plate both, and top with freshly chopped basil and a dollup of fresh goat cheese! Enjoy!
Maple Vanilla Latte Protein Bites Ingredients - 1/2 cup finely chopped hazelnuts (you can use a coffee grinder) 2/3 cup almond meal 1/3 to 1/2 cup natural nut butter (sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, peanut butter all work well) 1- 2 tbsp ground coffee 1/4 cup...
Egg Wraps Ingredients - eggs coconut oil or butter (for skillet) Filling Ingredient Suggestions: strawberries and vanilla yogurt, lunch meat and avocado or cheese, green and hummus Instructions Heat a small skillet over medium to high heat. Grease with coconut oil or...
Chickpea Avocado Salad Ingredients - 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 2 avocados, pitted, and chopped 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro 1 bunch fresh chopped green onion 1/3 cup feta cheese juice of 2 limes, avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper to taste for dressing...