Aip Paleo Pesto “Pasta” & Meatballs
Roasted Spaghetti Squash :
1 Spaghetti Squash
Avocado or olive oil, for dusting the squash
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Using a pastry or basting brush, coat the inside of the spaghetti squash with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Flip the spaghetti squash over and place face down on a baking sheet. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until the top of the squash is punctured easily with a fork.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool enough to handle. When squash is cooler, flip over and shred the inside of the squash with a fork into noodle-like strands.
Note: Prepare meatballs and pesto while squash is roasting and place meatballs in over as soon as you remove the squash.
Cilantro Lime Meatballs :
1 pound organic ground turkey or lean ground beef
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp grated lime zest
1 tsp grated fresh ginger or ½ tsp ginger powder
½ tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Form 12 meat balls, about 1 ½ tablespoons in size, and place on the baking sheet leaving space between the meatballs. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until light pink in the center.
- Sprinkle with more salt if desired.
Pesto Sauce :
2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
¾ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
1/3 cup mashed avocado
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ tsp fine sea salt
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until the herbs are finely chopped. While the food processor is running, slowly pour in the olive oil to make a smooth pesto sauce. Best served after the flavors are allowed to marry for 1 hour.
Top spaghetti squash noodles with pesto sauce, top with meatballs, and enjoy!
The recipes for the meatballs and pesto were taken from the wonderful, and brilliant cookbook ‘The Healing Kitchen’
Lemon Ginger Green SmoothieIngredients ½ Avocado½ Squeezed LemonHandful of mixed greens1 tbsp freshly grated ginger2 stalks of celery1 large cucumber, peeled1 cup low calorie lemonade for liquid base (may use any juice or water)½ cup of iceInstructions Blend...
No Refined Sugar, Cranberry Sauce Ingredients - 24 oz. cranberries (typically 2 bags) 3 oranges 3/4 cup grade B maple syrup 3 T vanilla extract 1 T unrefined sea salt 1 1/2 T cinnamon 1/2 T nutmeg 1 T freshly grated ginger 2 T freshly grated lemon rind 1 pint...
Mediterranean Cucumber Tomato Salad Dressing Ingredients - 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar 1 tablespoon chopped fresh, or dried oregano ¼ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper Salad Ingredients - 2 large cucumbers, peeled 1 cup...